sem terms definitions
- Copywriting and Content Development. Having a great looking web site isn’t enough in the online space. You also need great content. In fact, content is king. If you haven’t heard this phrase before, get used to it. Now that you are exploring how to promote and grow your business online, you’ll be reminded of the need for dynamic, and relevant, content everywhere you look.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): The process of making a web site search engine friendly so that when someone searches for a relevant keyword or phrase the search engines rank your site in a prominent position. Because of the quickly evolving search engine landscape, SEO is a highly iterative process and requires Success Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting to fully execute and realize long-term success.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM): An extension of traditional marketing strategies, SEM is used to promote products and services on the Internet. SEM is an umbrella term composed of tactics designed to work together to achieve maximum results. Tactics can include: SEO, pay per click (PPC), linking campaigns, social media optimization and many more.
- National and Local Search: Directories and search engines are essential to locating products, services and information online. That’s why it’s critical to develop a comprehensive directory submission plan when optimizing any web site. The breadth and depth of your online presence enhances your organic rankings, and that’s a surefire way to promote and grow your business online.
- Paid Search and Pay Per Click Management (PPC): PPC is a form of online advertising where an ad generates revenue for the web host each time a user clicks on it. In the world of search engines, PPC is often referred to as Sponsored Results. These are featured alongside organically ranked results and can be a cost effective option for businesses because you only have to pay for actual traffic generated by your ad.
- Press Release Development and Optimization: Press releases are one of the most widely distributed and widely optimized types of content in business. This is because nothing helps promote and grow your business more than a media outlet telling your story for you. Optimizing a press release for a specific audience (beat journalists or niche bloggers for example) helps ensure the most relevant audience can easily find your press release.
- Social Media Management: You make not care about social media but your customers do. We can develop a customized social media strategy to help you promote and grow your business online. Creating and executing a social strategy using the most appropriate social channels for your business lets you engage and interact with your customers where they already live in the social media space.
- Success Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting: Just like in traditional marketing, realizing the Return on Investment (ROI) is a reoccurring question for business owners when it comes to online marketing. We’ll set customized Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) or Key Performance Objectives (KPOs) and measure against them throughout your interactive marketing campaigns.